Please take some time to familiarise yourself with our Member Network rules below. If you have any queries about them, please do contact us.
These rules (the Rules) set out the terms for use of the Member Network section of the European Society of Coloproctology (the “Member Network”), which apply to all users. Any submission of material by you to the Member Network means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms and conditions of these Rules.
The Member Network is a section of the website www.escp.eu.com, a site operated by the European Society of Coloproctology (“we/ us”). We are a company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC205553 and having our registered office at The Coach House, 7 St Albans Road, Edinburgh EH9 2PA.
The Member Network is not moderated. We will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any Contribution submitted to the Member Network and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Member Network by any person in contravention of these Rules. We reserve the right to promptly remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person, unlawful or in violation of any third party rights.
Before making a Contribution you must be a registered member of ESCP. Your chosen 'screen name' will appear as part of your Contribution when published.
If you would like to make a Contribution, log in to the Member Network - there are help texts to guide you.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our absolute discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:-
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Scotland and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:-
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal information in respect of any third party individual. If you choose to disclose your own personal details you do so at your own risk.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from ESCP if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Member Network, you agree to grant the European Society of Coloproctology a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, We will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Community, you are warranting that you have the right to grant ESCP the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to ESCP, please do not submit the Contribution to the Member Network.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Member Network.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Member Network.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs and expenses incurred by us (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise these Rules at any time for security, legal, business or regulatory reasons. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.