The Executive Committee has responsibility for the day-to-day running of ESCP and convenes regularly throughout the year, either face to face or by telephone conference.
The President is elected annually, and selected on a rotational basis from each of ESCPâ€™s three geographic regions (eastern, central and western). The Executive Committee nominates a president for ratification and election at the Annual General Meeting.
The Secretary, Treasurer and Chairman of the Scientific Programme Committee each hold office for three years, and are nominated for election by the Executive Committee, approved by Council and formally appointed at the AGM. During their last year of office, they are shadowed by the incoming officer for one year to ensure a smooth handover.
The current Executive Committee is:
- President: SĂ¸ren Laurberg
- Immediate Past President: Zoran Kriovokapic
- President Elect: Ronan O'Connell
- President in Waiting: Yury Shelygin
- Secretary: Peter Dawson
- Treasurer: Thomas Schiedeck
- Assistant Treasurer: Paul Antoine Lehur
- Scientific Committee Chair: Donato Altomare
- Education Committee Chair and UEMS* Representative: Klaus Matzel
- Research Committee Chair: Dion Morton
- Membership Committee Chair: Stefan Post
- Website Committee Chair: Miklos Kassai
- Journal Representative: Najib Haboubi
Chairman to the Trustees, Sergey Achkasov, is a non-executive officer.
*Union EuropeĂ¨ne des MĂ©decins SpĂ©cialistes